On 28 September, UGEFA hosted a session at the Africa Climate Week 2021. This side event brought together a range of actors to discuss the climate-related and social impacts generated by climate-smart small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through their business models and products.
Insights were shared from the UGEFA programme on viable pathways for leveraging climate finance to deliver socially inclusive climate change adaptation and mitigation solutions through targeting climate-smart SMEs as climate finance beneficiaries. We also took steps to build consensus towards further development and support of SME-led climate action solutions in East Africa and beyond.
- Traced the contributions of climate-smart businesses to climate action, drawing on impact case studies of bankable climate-smart SMEs
- Solidified case for directing climate finance flows to climate-smart businesses for inclusive, scalable climate action
Speakers of the session:
- Rose Twine, Founder, Eco Group Ltd.
- Janos Bisasso, COO, Bodawerk International Ltd.
- Christine Meyer, Programme Lead, UGEFA
- Maggie Sloan, Events & Partnerships Manager, UGEFA